Selling property can often appear to be deceptively easy.
- A sign (with flyers) is installed in front of the property.
- An advertisement is placed in the internet and newspaper.
- Buyers line up to buy.
- Seller & Buyer agree on Price.
- Escrow is opened & closed.
- Seller gets his money.
- Buyer gets the property.
- Everyone is satisfied.
There is much more to the process, and it can result in a great deal of risk – legal and financial – to you.
Benefits of hiring a qualified proactive full-service agent:
- Agent takes the upfront risk (financial, time, etc.)
- Agent has background, knowledge, and experience in selling real estate.
- Agent does the work – not the seller.
- Agent has access to contracts and other documents.
- Agent provides wide range of marketing.
- Agent familiar with Federal and State disclosure laws.
- Agent is able to pre-qualify prospective buyers.
- Agent is able to pre-qualify prospective buyer’s lender.
- Agent has access to service providers.
- Agent experienced in negotiating.
- Agent gets paid after services rendered, not before.
Seller Concerns include:
- your need to sell
- the timeframe within which you need to sell
- the time available to you for marketing and negotiating
- your business arrangements before-after sale
- the current market conditions
- determining current market value and realistic asking price
- the condition of the property
- the financial ability for you to properly market & advertise
- your motivation for selling (financial, business relocation, etc.)
- current disclosure laws
- current discrimination laws
- qualifying buyers
- selecting service providers
- determining which service providers are needed/required
- determining the most effective marketing & advertising
- the negotiating background you have – against experienced buyers/investors
- determining which contracts and forms you should use
- your experience in working with contracts and legal forms
- your experience in writing offers and counter-offers
- possible tenant issues
- your experience with problem solving
- your legal and financial liability (ie: lawsuit related to property disclosures)
- to represent yourself, or hire an agent.
- if hiring an agent, to hire a relative, a friend, or an independent agent.
There are good reasons why the vast majority of property owners hire qualified agents to sell their real estate:
- The sale of real estate can involve a lot of money.
- The sale of real estate can have a lot of financial and legal risk
Doesn’t it make sense that you should be represented by a qualified, proactive, Professional Full-Service Representative?
CONTACT STAN AT :
660 W. Huntington Dr. Arcadia, CA 91006